EUROPE can be divided into seven geographic regions:
- Scandinavia (Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Denmark);
- the British Isles (the United Kingdom and Ireland);
- West Europe (France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, and Monaco);
- South Europe (Portugal, Spain, Andorra, Italy, Malta, San Marino, and Vatican City);
- Central Europe (Germany, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Hungary);
- Southeast Europe (Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Albania, Macedonia, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, and the European part of Turkey); and
- East Europe (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, the European portion of Russia, and by convention the Transcaucasian countries of Georgia, Armenia, and Azerbaijan).
Click on ( — ) on the map below to get a view of what is known as Europe.